November 28, 2006

Fifteen's a crowd

Location: Puerto Varas, Chile
Spent Three days in Bariloche, Argentina (above) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariloche. Bariloche is like the Whistler of Argentina, or so I've heard as I have never been to BC. It is at the top of the Patagonia Mountains, East side of the Andes, and absolutely gorgeous. Was there for three days, and spent most of them alone. Although I love that I constantly have people to travel with, it has gotten a bit much for me; I'm not use to the constant crowd. At the moment there are 15 of us travelling together so I felt it was time for a break. I spent a lot of time alone wandering, writing, relaxing and absorbing.

All I wanted to do while there was go Paragliding, but the weather was so unstable that I couldn´t go. So everyday I stood on the edge of a cliff waiting for the right wind. LOL. That's not totally true it was only one day, the other days I just got a phone call telling me I couldn't go.

I liked relaxing all day in Bariloche and a few nights we went out dancing. Surprisingly I really enjoyed myself dancing... more rock music less 80s. It's not that I hate dancing so much as I can't dance, but a few drinks and I don't care!

After Bariloche we came to Puerto Varas, Chile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Varas . The first night here we had my favourite dinner so far. We went to a Chilean BBQ and I had Congia (white fish) and Arabic Rice and veggies, it was soooo good! Mmmm 'bout time too, having a hard time eating well in S.A. The next day Dwende, Sponge and I hiked up this small mountain to go Canopying. Of course once we got to the top it was closed so we sat around for a while, had a photoshoot and headed back down the mountain. On the way down through the meadow Dwende claimed to see a snake. He came running and screaming up the hill like a little girl. I had to go a head of him to ensure there was no snake... oh Dwende. When we finally got back to town we were starving so we went for the best pizza in town, and it was good... very, so was the beer. The next day a group of us were able go canopying. It was lots of fun, not scary at all, which I would have preferred :-) Glad there was a bigger crowd as I think that made it more fun, specifically to watch Guava.

No comments: