November 8, 2006

Parrot Head

Location: Ilha Grande

Today some girls too many to name and I decided to take a hike through the mountains up to 'Parrot Head' (see mountain peak in pic). The hike ended up not getting us to the top of Parrot Head but around it to the beach on the other side. It was a 2.5 hour hike but we were told when we got there a boat would be available to take us back to where we came from. The water unfortunately was still rough and the boat was not there to take us back, I can't say I was overly disappointed, not in a rush to get back on a barf barge. So the only way back to town was through the mountain again. We enjoyed the ocean and beach for an hour or so and headed back round the mountain. I went the long way browsed the streets before getting back to my hut and taking a long warm shower.

In the evening we had dinner, seafood, on the beach. Drinks of course followed dinner, such is the case when on vacation. Everyone seemed to have fun getting to know each other a little better. Most left before 1:00 am but left standing was me and Stevo of course. He told me some crazy stories, all that I have written down so I don't forget them. We had a few more drinks and stumbled home just after 2:00 am.

No comments: