November 9, 2006

Booze Cruise

Location: Ilha Grande

Today I was coerced into going on a 'Booze Cruise'. Some of the girls I've met, Ria, Jen, Kat & I sat on the fence
(literally for Ria) about going on a 10:00 am booze cruise, and not because of the drinking in the morning, but because it looked like it was going to rain. Stevo saw the fence sitting and came over to drag us on the boat. Thank you Stevo!

The boat left at 10:30 am, as soon as 11:00 hit the sun came out and the weather was beautiful. We docked in a place called Green Bay, swam, snorkeled, drank Caiporinia's (lime, sugar & a rum like alcohol) all around had fun. I did manage to embarrass myself, which is expected, getting back into the boat after swimming my bikini bottom got caught in the ladder and I mooned all the swimmers left behind. That wasn't the worst part. The more I struggled to get out, the worse it got, my front, my back, my everything was out and I didn't know what to cover. After what seemed like an eternity of struggling the boat captain HOT captain, Netto came over and unhooked me. At this point I collapsed to the ground in embarrassment and laughter. The rest of the day we continued eating, drinking, swimming and dancing. We anchored by a few beaches, had some great swims and good laughs. I came up with my first nick-name and it went to Jen, now Sponge Bob, she is so cute and excitable and it reminded me of Sponge Bob. By the end I was ready to go home though as booze and boats are only good for so long.

In the evening the girls wanted to go back to the same bar/restaurant that we have now become regulars at. We had dinner, but the girls still felt drunk and wanted to go to bed. A few stayed out and had some drinks on the beach but as usual they quickly tapered away. By the time the bar closed the only ones left were me and yep Stevo. We weren't ready to go home at this point so we went back to our regular spot and banged on the steel doors to see if we could go in, being as the owner had a thing for me he let us in. Unfortunately said owner, who I now call Pervy McHorny was coming on to me much too strong. He kept trying to get me to stay with him, telling me it was a rare opportunity, once in a lifetime in fact. I laughed and pretty much said "For you, I can bang any 50 year old".
He didn't like that too much but it didn't stop his persistence. I have now named Ilha Grande Pervert Paridise, as he is not alone. I made Steve chug his last beer as I did mine and we got out of there. That last beer, likely as it was drunk in 30 seconds went straight to our heads, we ended up stumbling back to the posada (hotel) waking up some dogs who in turn woke up our fellow travellers. They may not have known it then, but I guess they do now. Sorry Sponge :-)

No comments: