December 1, 2006

Rafting & Riding in Chile

Location: Pucon, Chile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pucon

I have just spent 2 days in Pucon, and they were fun packed -
there is lots to do here, so here goes.

First day I went White Water Rafting. It was great fun, better then in Oz, the water was a little cold, but all suited up you didn't really notice. I got some funny shots of me being a 'serious' paddler, and of few of me being an asshole :-)
No one fell in, but there might have been some I wanted to throw in ha ha. No we actually had a fun boat, it was Me (Top Right), Dwende, Sponge, Guava and Raton.. and the only one I was worried would fall out was Raton cause he is tiny, I'd have to save him :-) A few funny incidents for the girls trying to getting into their wetsuits. For some reason I was last in the change room and when I walked in ALL the girls had their wetsuits on backwards! I giggled, no I laughed out loud, I was like, the reason they look lumpy is 'cause you all have them on backwards. Then I left my shoes in the change room (that we never went back to) so I had to go home barefoot. Good going Scarps. In the evening we went to bed early as we had to climb the Volcano the next day.

Day two we were suppose to hike up the volcano, but the weather was shit so it was postponed.
It rained until about 3:00 and then Laura, Raton, Guava, Sponge and I went horseback riding. The ride was fun, the views were spectacular, but my butt was sore. I think it would have been fine except that my horse decided to run at almost full speed away from the group. I thought I was going to fall off, and for the first time ever I was afraid... mostly 'cause I didn't want to break something as I had to climb the volcano the next day, but also as I didn't want to fall in the mud/shit etc. With the help of our guide I was able to stop her... and was happy to get off.

In the evening despite having to climb a volcano the next day (or in anticipation that it would be cancelled) I had a few too many drinks, and that was just at dinner... then I continued until 3 am. Call me a moron. I woke up in the morning at 6 am feeling like shit as I couldn't sleep and instead of catching up I drank... again stupid.. or was it?



No comments: