November 25, 2006

No Sleep 'Till Bus Ride!

Location: Buenos Aries

Okay silly title I know, but being as I was only in BsAs for a few days I had to make the most of it and not waste anytime sleeping :-)


Our second last day in BsAs we met the new group of travellers joining us from BsAs to Santiago, Chile. Jess, a new traveller, Sponge, Guava and I went for a walk in the poser part of BsAs called Palermo. We walked through Plaza Italia, the Botanical Gardens, and basically the streets to just absorbed the energy and lets be honest, guy watch. Once we got back to the Hotel it was time to wish farewell to Heffe Cabrone (Freddy) "Bye Bye Freddy Bye Bye". It was actually sadder then I expected a fairly emotional goodbye for me, I didn't cry or anything, but it sucked.

This was our last night in BsAs so we got all dolled up and met the new group for dinner. During the introduction Guava made me laugh so hard I had to leave as tears came out of my eyes. Nice first impression I gave to the rest of the group I'm sure. I digress. Dinner for 15 followed the meeting and then it was off to party for the night. Not all 15 of us went out, but 2 cabs full of people did. Dulio (new tour leader) aka Dwende (Dwarf) took us on a champagne cab ride to a bar in the sub-burbs where his friend was DJ-ing. Although it was small we had fun dancing and of course meeting boys :-) Once the bar closed (about 2:30am) a few of us got in cabs again and headed to a club at the Marina. It was a full on dance party! I would say it was similar to a North American Rave, except they served booze. I had a ton of fun, actually ended up leaving around 4:30 am and going to another party that looked like it was in a school gym or something.. Again very rave like. By 8:00 am I was ready to go, so I hopped in a cab, found the hotel and tried to sneak in under the radar. Didn't happen. No matter though I had a fabulous final evening in BsAs.

Not wanting to waste my final day, Sponge and I went to Plaza Italia again,
walked south down Liberator to the Japanese & Rose Gardens to see this bridge she wanted to see. On the way were propositioned to make a movie, a dirty movie, I laughed in the guys face and said no thank you. Hung over and tired we saw the bridge, took pictures, and headed back to the hotel for yet another shower. I have found that I have to take 2 or 3 showers a day in BsAs as in addition to the heat it is also smoggy here, so you just feel dirty all the time. Anyway, we had a late lunch, showered and got ready for the overnight bus to Bariloche.

BsAs to Bariloche is a 20 hour bus ride, but I was ready for it, as I needed sleep! Guava, Maharani and I were on a separate bus from the group, but that actually made it a bit more fun. Maharani got her flirt on, Guava had a child crushing her, and I had wine and caught up on my sleep. Yeah! This is where my trip was suppose to end.. but it didn't ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shopping the cheap battery,you can see from here.