November 19, 2006

Montevideo

Location: Montevideo

Day two in Montevideo I went to visit my father's cousin who lives here. Turned out his cousin was 85 and her daughter who I thought was the original cousin was about 55 or something. Anyway, she picked me up - the young one, Cousin T :-) took me around town but mostly to her house. There I was lucky enough to get bitten by her dog, eat a half raw chicken, and meet every neighbour or street person she knew. It was interesting to say the least. A bit stressful to be honest as interesting as she was (which she was) she was also very negative. So, that being said I'll move on.

In the evening I was able to get back to the hotel on time to meet everyone before dinner. I wasn't that hungry and a bit cranky so I tried to drink my dinner to cheer me up. After a few drinks we went to a club. This time a who lot of us.. Me, Sponge, Guava, Heffe, Maharani, Kat and Faye.. We danced to 80's music all night again. Yeah, mood lifted.

Today I just ran around Montevideo trying to see what I missed the day before... kind of did a drive by with cousin T. This afternoon we took a bus to Colonia , a cute little Colonial Village on the waters edge of Uraguay. The Picture below is in Colonia, my attempt at Ocean's 11 I call it Scarpino's 5.

Tomorrow Buenos Aries.

No comments: