November 22, 2006

I Heart Buenos Aries

Location: Buenos Aries


I said it, I heart BsAs and I do! I arrived in B. A bright and early on Monday morning; what a FABULOUS City!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_aires It is big, beautiful, smoggy, alive and sooo full of energy. It is often referred to as the Paris of South America, but I think it is the New York of South America, partly as I've never been to Paris, but mostly because I Heart NY!

BsAs is crazy hot, and as I said smoggy, but that didn't affect my love for her. The tree-lined streets, European (I believe 18th century) architecture, julliette balconies as far as the eye could see. Monuments on every corner, outdoor shops, parks, people and most importantly men,
beautiful ones! Frickin Fabulous. They say god made Rio on the 7th day, I disagree he made BsAs. I really can't say enough about it, I don't know what it is, it is just a feeling. I feel like I am absorbing some kind of energy here that I can't compare to any other. It is relaxed but chaotic. It is fast paced but people seemed to enjoy the moment. It is is perfect. Ok enough gushing about BsAs, on to what I did. First day I took a crappy sitting on a bus city tour. Saw all the monuments from the window of the bus. We did get out in a colourful (literally) little area called La Boca. Wandered for about 1/2 hour got back in the bus and went back to the hotel. Although it was a lot of sitting on a bus I got a good idea where I want to head back to.

Evening was spent at a typical Argentinian buffet, similar to a Brazilian but they don't bring you the meat. It was called Siga La Vacca meaning 'Follow the Cow', and for $11 you get a full dinner buffet a bottle of wine and dessert. We were there until about midnight, I really enjoyed it, not just the food but the company, everyone was in good spirits at the same time, it was nice.

The next day
I wandered the city, started with a group of us and we slowly lost and gained and sometimes wandered alone. We went to Rigoletta to see some monuments up close, the churches and the cemetery where Eva Peron is buried. That was not what I expected, it was all cement, no grass just mausoleums. I really liked it there, felt Serene, at peace, it was a good experience.

In the evening a group of us went to a Tango show. It was a tango lesson, dinner and show. Not exactly my cup of tea, but Guava, Sponge and Heffe made it fun. I drooped Sponge trying to dip her and giggled as fat old ladies pushed around their husbands. The food was really nice as was the wine, thanks Heffe, and of course the company.

No comments: