November 6, 2006

Rio De Janeiro

Location: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Hola Everyone!

It is now the more exciting part of my trip, that being South America. As mentioned previously I started my journey in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Upon arrival I was greeted by a taxi driver. Yes I had a man with a sign waiting for me, how exciting! Regardless of the excitement I almost fell asleep on the way to the hotel. I know I can't sleep for 3 days and now I am fighting sleep when I get to Brazil. Bugger F@&K! Anyway, once I got to my hotel I booked a tour for the afternoon and took a quick nap. Guess what I couldn't sleep, but I did rest.

I did a tour of the city that took me through Rio and then to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain. We only stopped a few times, the first stop was at San Sebastian Cathedral, the patron saint of Rio who happens to be Italian. The Cathedral is beautiful, looks like a pyramid, I've never seen a church like it. Our next stop was Sugar Loaf Mountain, from the top of which you can see all of Rio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugarloaf_Mountain,_Brazil I took cable cars up to the top of it, but you can climb it. Some highlights were the views of Christ the King, the statue at the top of the city; Copacabana Beach (pictured above) where there is currently a beach soccer tournament going on, and Rio... all of RIO!

For dinner I went to a Brazilian Buffet, perfect for a carny like me, it's basically a buffet but the kicker is the bring meat to your table, 27 kinds of it, on sticks! Yum! Either way the food was good and now it is finally time for bed.

No comments: