December 30, 2006

New York in Style

Location: New York, New York

Visiting New York City during the Christmas Season is like being inside a Pinata. Bright lights line the streets, tinsel surrounds, there are Christmas trees at every corner and music plays from the speakers above. The weather is surprisingly nice, not too cold at all. LS and I arrived first around 10 am on Wednesday and quickly hit the streets of SoHo to do a little shopping and get us some lunch. The day was wonderful, we felt like real New Yorkers roaming the streets. AJP was the next to arrive around 6:30 in the evening. After dinner we went for a long walk up Broadway, through the East Village to Time Square, where we met Elizabeth Berkley. We then took a fabulous Rickshaw ride (above left) around Time Square to Rockefeller Centre to see the big Christmas Tree! Had a bit of a photo shoot there as well. It was getting fairly cold at this point and it was getting late so we made our way back to the apartment.

Thursday was spent in SoHo again, LS and I wondered into all the fancy shops just to see what we couldn't afford. AJP also went shopping but on his own. The majority of the afternoon was spent in Washington Square Park (right) where they also have a tree. I people watched and read my book until it got too cold. TG arrived around 7 pm and he began to pour drinks immediately. We headed out to a party at the Maritime Hotel's bar Hiro around 11 and met up with Silent Observer S.S. Who I met in South America and her boyfriend M.S. We had a great time dancing the night away which of course implies I was drinking, and I was. I blame the group for getting me too many rounds and not getting me home until 4 am off my chopps.

Friday was a right off for me. I went for Dim Sum with LS, AJP and a friend of L's but quickly came back home to sleep as I was having the worst hangover of my life. Despite same they managed to convince me to go out with them Friday night to Marquee the hottest bar in NYC at the moment. I had a nice time there, but was careful not to drink too much. Wasn't willing to feel like death 2 days in a row, can't miss another day in NYC. The others on the other hand went all out. We again didn't get home until 6 am. That was after our traditional Limo Ride to the "Flame" 24 hour restaurant for Chicken Salad Sandwiches.

Saturday was a day to relax, by the time we got in gear and had something to eat it was 3 pm. I then went on a mission with AJP to find boots, which I did. We then had a nice time chatting, catching up and having our favourite Starbucks coffee. We didn't want to go out and ruin New Years so we spent Saturday night very low key. Inside enjoying the warmth and chillin'. AJP & TG went out for a bit, but the girls stayed in and had some girl time.

No comments: