June 1, 2007

Calgary Zoo


Friday crawling out of bed after a late night Thursday was a challenge for sure, but we got up to greet the sunny day and headed to the Calgary Zoo.

The Zoo was huge! We saw Elephants, Monkeys, Giraffe, Hippos, Moose and so much more... my favourite I think was the Gorilla.. CM liked the Moose which I find odd as he is from Thunder Bay and I suspect there are a lot of moose there :-) CM & I also really liked the Otters. The combination of animals, wild children and extreme heat was enough to exhaust me and work up a fierce appetite, so CM & I met GW for Dim Sum in Chinatown (China Mall really).


We ordered enough to feed Hong Kong, and despite the servers advice we continued to order... we weren't able to eat it all of course, but I did learn a valuable lesson. I like pork buns. We Digested our Dim Sum (Dim Sum which I haven't been able to eat by the way since I threw it up out my nose way back in Dec in NYC.) and headed to a Cigar bar for a smoke.

The evening was fairly low key as we were heading to Banff the next day and I wanted an early start. So we went out to a few bars and came home before 2 am believe it or not.

No comments: