June 2, 2007

Banff

Bright and early Saturday morning we headed to Banff Alberta to spend the day with nature. What a lovely town. We got there around noon and had lunch on a rooftop patio. The sun was beating on us as we looked at snow capped mountains.

We were joined by JMA & DC in the early afternoon and we got a well guided tour (by CM) of Banff. We started with a trip to the Top'O'Canada .. or at least Banff in a poorly ventilated gondola. DC & I walked up to the peak whilst CM & JMA played with mountain goats... The views were breath taking. Despite seeing many, many mountain ranges in my day, each time it amazes me how the world has such miracles in nature.

In the evening CM treated us to Beergaritas!! I can't tell you what is in them but there is definitely more alcohol in one glass of it then in a bottle of wine I think. Then we headed to 'The Aurora' The local Night Club. I have to tell you, other then being older then most people by 10 years, it was sooo much fun. GW & JW joined us around 1 am as well. All & all a great day/night in Banff.

No comments: