February 1, 2007

A Month without Booze

I've successfully completed a month without booze.

As some of you know I don’t drink alcohol for the entire month of January. I have been doing this for 3 years now with my friend JR Squared. He actually cuts out coffee as well, I could not do that, although I cut back, I definitely did not go without.

The first year there may have been a slip up or two, the second I made it through, but not without a struggle and this year I was successful in not having one alcoholic beverage, not one sip, not an alcohol flavoured chocolate or dessert in all of January. NADA. I have to admit I am proud of myself, but at the same time it wasn’t as hard as I remember it.

Some ask why we do it and I always give the reason that I drink in abundance all year round so I need a break. Truth is, I just think it is good to get out of the habit of drinking at any and or all occasions. I don’t need a beer after dodgeball, I don’t need a dirty martini before my meals, I just like it. As with most things I enjoy, I like to indulge in things like booze. So January I learned to indulge in other joys, specifically those that involved sitting on my couch weekend after weekend.

Being the first of February JR Squared and I have a longstanding date. I hope today doesn’t end up like last year with ‘One Eyed Karaoke’.

1 comment:

Ria Sikka said...

Hey crazy,
I am so proud of you! I don't know if I can be that determined about giving up something I love so much :) Good for you!