October 2, 2007

Château de Versailles

Jess and I got up early and made our way to Versailles.

The town itself reminded me of an 'Olympic Village' or 'Vacation Spot', in fact the Rugby world cup was being held there at the time. Even though it was only a quick train ride from Paris it was quite different.

Luckily the weather was good and we were able to walk through the gardens. It was incredible. All I could think was that this was someone's back yard!!! I didn't have a wide enough lens to get it all in... so here's me in the garden instead ;-)



Again because the Chateau was so big and crowded inside I couldn't get any pictures to do it justice. All I can say is you have to go there to see it. If I learned one thing about the French it's that they like things BIG! We brag now when we have 9 or 10 foot ceilings, who do we think we are royalty? Nope they had 40 or 50 foot ceilings, maybe more! This place was Gianormous!

No comments: